GENS UNA SUMUS!

OUR PREFERRED EQUIPMENT VENDOR

OUR PREFERRED EQUIPMENT VENDOR
Use Link For Great Deals!!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Please Complete Your Schedule

Hello Chess Enthusiasts:

One of the down sides to organizing events is when the participants, well, don't participate! I had two guys who didn't play their schedule in the latest installment of the tournaments I am running. I find it hard to believe why they don't understand they should play their entire schedule. 1. They said they would. (but everyone knows a chessplayer's word isn't worth anything, right?) 2. The event looks very strange when it is submitted with a bunch of zeros. Some people might think there is some funny business going on. 3. Most important to me is the other players came to play! I find it VERY RUDE when you make the others players sit there waiting for a game that will never happen. It saddens me when someone gives their word, then they don't follow through.

I have no choice but to ban the follow players from ever participating in Round Robin events I host: Isaac Braswell and Daniel Jones. They are welcome to play in any Swiss events I organize.

If you play in a Round Robin event, play all the games or don't play. It's as simple as that.